SPIRAL ROPE ANCHORS
AVAROC supplies spiral rope anchors or single strand wire rope anchors aimed at specific applications in mountains. The main advantage of using spiral rope anchor is to offer a strong tensile strength even if the spiral rope anchor head is not aligned with the drilling axis (up to 30°, without loss of strength).
Tailor-made, these spiral rope anchors are manufactured with a single strand wire rope in heavily galvanised steel class A or class B (in accordance with European Norm EN 10244-2) with diameters ranging from 2x10mm up to 2x24mm, in accordance with project’s requirements. Spiral rope anchors are fitted with centralizers to ease the positioning of the anchor within the drilling and guarantee a homogeneous grouting around the anchor.
Benefits of spiral rope anchors
Wire ropes used in the manufacturing of spiral anchors are of type single strand with a steel core. Thanks to the thick diameter of wires, galvanisation “class A” (260 g/m²) can better hold to the wire compared to wire ropes made of thinner wires.
Protection of the anchor head
The loop of the anchor head is inserted into a stainless steel tube to offer a mechanical protection against sharps rocks at the top of the drilling hole. Even being protected with a tube, the anchor head is still flexible. Tube extremities go deep into the drilling hole so that once grouted, the anchor head is watertight and protected against corrosion.
Spiral rope anchors are aimed at the following applications:
- To anchor snow nets and rockfall barriers,
- To anchor high resistance mesh such as 3STUTOR Plus mesh,
- To anchor slope stabilization structures such as Ombrellos,
- To anchor wooden trunks on slopes to prevent the snowpack from coming loose…
3 - 3
Double twist wire-netting is the basic solution for the protection against rockfalls.
It is suited for a number of uses, including:
• Cliffs (the rock netting is hung or nailed),
• Lining of rockfall barriers
• Rockfall barrier (for low impact energies)
• Deflector screen to channel small materials
The main advantage of the double twisted wire mesh is that it holds together when a wire strand ruptures.
The following range of double twisted wire mesh are supplied by AVAROC:
• Wire diameters 2.4 – 2.7 and 3 mm
• Different types of corrosion protection :
o Class A galvanization in compliance with standard the European Norm EN 10244-2.
o GALFAN coating alloy 95% zinc and 5% aluminium + traces of Mischmetal. Life expectancy of these nettings is multiplied by three by comparison with galvanization class A.
• Different mesh sizes: 60x80 mm - 80x100 mm - 100X120 mm
• Different widths : 1 - 2 - 3 and 4 m.
All these double twisted wire mesh are in compliance with currently applicable European Norms:
- NF EN 10218-2 : « Steel wire and wire products. General wire dimensions and tolerances »
- NF EN 10244-2 : « Steel wire and wire products. Non-ferrous metallic coatings on steel wire: Zinc or zinc alloy coatings»
- NF EN 10223-3 : « Steel wire and wire products for fences. Hexagonal steel wire netting for engineering purposes »
1 - 10
ANONET RING NETS
ANONET ring nets are used essentially with rockfall barriers due to their strength and minimal need for attention and maintenance once installed. A High Resistance wire (from 140 to 155 daN/mm2) is used and a broigne weaving technique significantly increases resistance by comparison with the standard square mesh design of other nets.
The fact that there no visible extremities on the rings (they are inserted into the strand) improves both energy absorption capabilities of the net and the safety of the workers during installation.
ANONET ® wire-rope nets are available in two different combinations:
- Type 1+4 : 1 ring + 4 peripheral rings for low to average energy impacts
- Type 1+6 : 1 ring + 6 peripheral rings for high energy impacts.
1 - 6
Our wire nets are suited for the stabilization of small boulders. This type of netting should be used when the volumes of unstable rock material cannot be contained by merely wire-netting the slope. The wire nets are supplied in squares or rectangles that can be bound to one another by means of a wire clips or wire rope.
Uses of the wire nets:
• Passive protection of slope : the net is flattened and anchored directly on to the slope or roc-wall,
• Active protection of slope : rockfall barrier
Specifications of the nets are as follows:
- Net measurements : from 2 x 2 m to 6 x 4 m,
- Measurements of the mesh: 200 x 200 mm en for the standard net ; other sizes upon request
- Made with category B galvanized wire-ropes (standard) and category A galvanized wire-rope or Galfan upon request.
These wire-rope nets are supplied with different types of binding accessories. The resistance of these accessories can attain 25kN. Three types of cross brace are available (with different mechanical values of resistance values to unlatching and sliding):
- Standard cross brace with electrolytic coating,
- Reinforced cross brace with electrolytic coating,
- Single or double Galfan coated wire cross brace.
To ensure the traceability of the wire-ropes, each wire net carries a unique code that is stamped onto the sleeve.
3 - 5
ACCESSORIES FOR GEOTECHNICAL
15 - 15
OMBRELLO is a lightweight steel structure designed for the protection against natural hazards, slope stabilization, mountain rivers restoration and other infrastructures. Resulting from research and development and know-how in the protection against natural hazards, OMBRELLO is a patented product.
Since 2003, over 13,000 OMBRELLO structures have been installed in 250 different sites across Europe, thus confirming the reliability of this solution.
OMBRELLO is a steel, cross-shaped structure, bound together by means of a socket joint and metal tubing to a single ground anchor. A galvanized wire-netting is placed on the face of the structure. Depending on the application, anchoring is ensured by means of a standard type B500 anchor rod or a self-drilling anchor rod.
OMBRELLO is attached deeply to the ground by means of one single anchor. The modules are staggered into the slope and rock filled with draining materials.
OMBRELLO is attached to the slope by means of one single anchor.
Speedy and inexpensive installation,
Lightweight: the structure can be transported by helicopter,
OMBRELLO is delivered fully equipped and folded. Very little ground space is required when it is opened out (3 minutes to open it).
OMBRELLO is available in two different versions:
- Protection against snow avalanches
- Slope stabilization
9 - 9
© AVAROC 2013 • 3 Rue Paul Héroult • 38190 VILLARD BONNOT • FRANCE
TEL. +33 (0)4 76 01 91 64 • FAX +33 (0)4 76 01 92 33 • CONTACT@AVAROC.COM